Passenger Old Version Notes
3.8.3 September 14, 2010
3.8.2 August 16, 2010
Fixed an issue with properly populating chat and weblog fields
- Imported or interface constructed email addresses no longer populate forwarding address when mail account is enabled
- Added <faddress> replacement tag for use in Mac OS X Users setup dialog
3.8.1 April 15, 2010
Fixed a problem with checking for duplicates on this computer
- Changed Computer Lists Export to be Computer Groups Export for 10.5+
- Short name concatenation now filters out period and other illegal characters from first short name again. Although it's possible to enter periods in the first short name in WGM, it is not really supported and imports don't support it.
3.8 January 20, 2010
Replacement tags such as <sname> used in Mac OS X Users setup are now used when exported Delmited Text
- Added option for more orderly (but slower) appending numbers for duplicates to short names
- Periods are now an allowed character for the first short name when running Snow Leopard
3.7.9 March 31, 2009
Added keywords support to computer list exports
- Added option to strip accents for secondary short names
- Fixed unresponsiveness after finishing batch permissions in 10.6.2
- Fixed an issue with resolving duplicate secondary short names
- Removed legacy Macintosh Manager and Eudora Client exports
3.7.8 March 17, 2009
Fixed some misaligned fields on OS X export broken in 3.7.8 and possibly earlier
- First and Last name fields of WGM are now automatically populated again
3.7.7 September 25, 2008
First and Last name fields of WGM are no longer automatically populated
- Fixed problems with copy command not working in folder migration
3.7.6 September 8, 2008
Now appends numbers for duplicates for first of multiple short names
- Fixes repeating function for short names broken in 3.7.5
3.7.5 August 21, 2008
Fixes problem of several tags in short name formulation not working due to the new short name filtering introduced in 3.7.5.
- Fixes issues with Delmited Text export presets functionality
3.7.4 August 13, 2008
Now properly escapes colons Windows User Profile Path
- Much better short name filtering by making distinctions between the legal characters for primary versus secondary short names
3.7.3 July 11, 2008
Fixed issue with duplicate checking on this computer not getting short names correctly in 10.4.11
- Fixed problem with import sets not saving after drag re-ordering rows
- Fixed cosmetic issue in Mac OS X Users setup with menu bleed through
3.7.2 June 23, 2008
Fixed "Check Accounts on this computer" for Leopard
- Fixed problem with comma multiple shortname delimiter not working in concatenation
3.7.1 February 5, 2008
Fixed problem with Batch Permissions not working in Leopard
3.7 February 5, 2008
3.7b2 October 4, 2007
Fixed problems with freezing on a few other exports such as Macintosh Manager, Folders under Leopard
3.6.5 July 19, 2007
b1: Fixed compatibility issues with Leopard
- b1: Added Chat and Weblog importing and exporting
- b2: Fixed Master Spell export 'use imported group' option
3.6.4 June 29, 2007
Fixed erroneous appending reports (broken in 3.6.4), appending was working okay
- Fixed Batch Permissions paths containing certain escaped characters other than space in paths
- Commas used in comments are now properly escaped for MOSXS export
- A little bit of cosmetic updating
3.6.3 February 8, 2007
Exported Groups are now assigned to Group Real Name in MOSXS and the group short name is created from a filtered version of that setting it to lowercase and removing characters such as spaces
- Updated Master Spell Pupil export for encrypted passwords introduced in Master Spell 5.1
- Further improvements and fixes to duplicate checking and appending numbers for duplicates
- Fixed crash when ignore first line is checked when importing a one line file
3.6.2 October 19, 2006
Batch Permissions now handles volume names with spaces better
- Now allows Group IDs to be implicit (set by server) by using a zero in Passenger.
3.6.1 October 16, 2006
Changes to delimited export including removal of legacy pre-tag support, allowing non-tag literals to export again, and a possible fix to the <empty> tag sometimes improperly exporting
- Added four SMB fields to import and delimited export
- Fixes display problem on selecting import fields
3.6 October 5, 2006
3.5.9 September 22, 2006
Fixes to Master Key and Master Spell exports
- Internalized Help
3.5.8 August 28, 2006
Now uses multiple passes when checking internal duplicates and server duplicates to ensure any number appendings do not conflict internally
- Now increments numbers from those number appendings found on the server
- Fix to Fax Number export for OS X Server
3.5.7 August 15, 2006
Fixed Group ID increment in Mac OS X Users export
- Fixed replace tags not working in a few places
- Fixed master password check not checking for case match (master passwords are case-sensitive)
- Fixed errant username appending for Mac OS X Users export when None is selected
3.5.6 August 4, 2006
Added better reporting of unmatched items and errors in folder migration as well as some fixes and interface improvements.
3.5.5 July 21, 2006
Fixed: A few fixes for appending numbers for duplicates particularly when there are triplicates and more.
3.5.4 January 12, 2006
Added: converts hi-bit characters to equivalent two-characters for short names for german
- Fixed: No longer quits when exporting after removing a row in Edit Data
3.5.3 January 6, 2006
Added: User-settable password formulation presets
- Fixed: Primary Group ID is now properly preserved after showing Edit Data window
- Changed: Visibility now gets true item instead of resolving aliases
3.5.2 December 19, 2005
Fixed: Updated Master Key password encryption for Master Key 4.1.1 fix.
3.5.1 November 15, 2005
Added: Master Key encrypted passwords option for Master Key 4.1 and higher
- Fixed: Rewrote Master Key and Master Spell exports
- Fixed: Array problem that in some cases would cause a quit when checking for duplicates
- Removed: WebStar exports
3.5 November 14, 2005
Changed: +Home folder item "Username" to "None" to allow imported AFP URLs from server imports to pass through untouched.
- Changed: item "URL Path" to "Server URL" in 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4 Import Presets.
- Fixed: Array problem that would omit first imported user after yesterday's speed optimization in version 3.5.
3.4.2 November 2, 2005
Optimized import to setup screen speed by a factor of 1,000 for extra large files so it is more comparable to opening in TextEdit. eg. where 70,000 users used to take 16 minutes it now takes 3.5 seconds.
- Optimized internal duplicate checking speed for usernames and short names (when multiple short names aren't present) by a factor that is amplified enormously depending on number of users. eg. where 70,000 used to take hours it now can take as little as a fraction of a second.
- Added: Option to skip internal duplicate checking.
3.4.1 September 14, 2005
Added: <d#> tag for right to left reading of student id for all concatenations
- Added: Selecting of base path for Batch Permissions
- Added: Automatic update checking
- Fixed: Folders: User folders are not placed in their respective groups folders when not using repeating usernames.
- Fixed: Field alignment problem if first, last, or full names were not imported
3.4 September 9, 2005
Fixed: SMB information field alignment in Mac OS X Users export broken in 3.3.
3.3 August 24, 2005
Changed: Redesigned import setup dialog for much faster and easier field aligning.
- Added: Reading of escaped line feeds and colons so that 10.4 export files can now be read. Also included a "From 10.4 Server" import preset.
- Added: Shell Paths and Picture Paths can now be imported and exported via delimited export.
- Added: Support for Pager Number import and export via MOSXS and delmited text
- Fixed: Removed extra linefeed after header which could cause problems with the first account in the file, broken in 3.3.
3.2.3 July 21, 2005
Added: MOSXS Setup savable presets
- Added: Delimited exports now use replacement tags for field content so that both dynamic and static data can be combined for each field exported. Old field names are deprecated so any presets that don't contain tags should be updated to use tags.
- Added: Custom exports now allow more than one of the same field to be exported.
- Added: UPPER CASE and Title Case options for username concatenation
- Added: Alert the user when preferences cannot be saved.
- Changed: Shell path is now an edit field so you can enter whatever you want.
- Changed: sub-delimiter is now comma instead of semi-colon throughout the program.
- Fixed: LDAP Email address constructed by main window now export properly in custom text exports.
- Fixed: LDAP Email address constructed by main window now only uses first short name if multiple short names are present.
- Fixed: Batch Permissions: Permission fix to MOSXS Default
- Fixed: Interface entered groups and IDs can now be entered again in MOSXS Users Setup.
3.2.2 May 27, 2005
Fixed: Groups export for Mac OS X Server Users options are now properly enabled in the interface
- Fixed: Zip code and picture path for Mac OS X Server Users export is now aligned properly when using the use shortname at domain as email address option on the main window.
3.2.1 May 26, 2005
Fixed: Last row of imported First and Middle Names is now imported correctly when ignore first line is used, broken in 3.2
3.2 May 13, 2005
Added: Ability to use a custom word list for algorithm generated passwords
3.1.2 February 22, 2005
Added: 5 new import fields exclusively for replacement tags
- Added: Import computers (ARD) and export computer lists for Workgroup Manager
- Added: User picture paths export to Mac OS X Users export
- Added: Batch Permissions instructions can now be drag re-ordered
- Fixed: <i#> tag now reads right to left for short name formulation
- Fixed: Some numbers reported in Appendings report are no longer scientific notation
- Fixed: Reduced idle CPU usage
3.1.1 February 2, 2005
Added: Now filters out dash from short names
- Added: Importing Primary Group IDs
- Added: Full support for imported middle names in concatenation
3.1 September 2, 2004
Added: Very basic LDIF file importing
- Added: Ability to lowercase all passwords regardless of origin
- Fixed: Batch Permissions: Permission set sometimes not remembering a few attributes
- Fixed: Checking for duplicates against servers that have accounts with no user name no long cause Passenger to quit
- Fixed: Only the first short name of multiple short names is used when setting directory and group assignments
- Fixed: Appending number for duplicate now appends correct numbers when duplicates are found both internally and when checking against the server
- Fixed inconsistency of first line ignored display problem for sample import
3.0.1 August 20, 2004
3.1: Made Batch Permissions window expandable to better show long paths
- 3.1a5: Fixed: Algorithm passwords based on short names longer than 8 characters are now consistent on all exports.
- 3.1a3: Fixed: Concatenation is now done consistently when exporting delimited text.
- 3.1a2: Added/Fixed: Now checks for duplicates in multiple short names against other users internally and against server but not internally for the same user. Note: Append number will not work for multiple short names.
- 3.1a2: Fixed: Using first name of hyphenated last name now works properly for short name concatenation
- 3.1a2: Fixed: Check for duplicate short names now properly finds duplicate short names with the server
- 3.1a2: Added four replacement tags for use in any Mac or Windows path to MOSXS Setup
- 3.1a1: Added: Batch Permissions can now save permission sets as shell scripts
- 3.1a1: Fixed/Added/Changed: Completely rewritten checking for duplicates. Now checks for conflicts between username and shortname of other accounts, append number is much more predictable and results of appending are now logged. Duplicate report has more useful information and interface now is smooth enough to allow the stop button to work while checking for duplicates for those nice big 9,728 user files.
3.0 August 19, 2004
Fixed: About box is now functional again in 10.2.8
- Fixed: Server URL now imports properly with colon delimited files
- Added: Trims leading and trailing spaces from interface entered comments and keywords
2.3.4 August 5, 2004
Added: Importing base NFS path and AFP path
- Returned: Option to remove accents (previously accents were always removed and now if they are imported they must be UTF-8. Short Names always remove accents.
- Fixed: Importing when removing headers now works properly instead of removing 2 lines and fixed several other details in the import dialog
- Fixed: Properly leaves all Windows data blank if nothing is entered In OS X Setup
- 3.0fc1: Added: Removes leading and trailing spaces from first and last names when pulled from imported full name
- 3.0fc1: Fixed: Column headers now horizontally scroll again (broken in b2)
- 3.0fc1: Added: Password formulation now allows for different digits of the User ID, read from right to left.
- 3.0fc1: Added: now uses leading zeros for User ID when concatenting short names, usernames, and passwords and reads from right to left when specifying digits.
- 3.0fc1: Added: Slightly smarter about pre-selecting proper delimter at import
- 3.0fc1: Fixed: Short name concatenation works for 9 digits for all tags now
- 3.0b3: Fixed ability to select an invisible folder when using the visible utility. Also expanded this to now include setting the visibility of files.
- 3.0b3: Fixed: Batch Permissions now knows when it is done
- 3.0b3: Fixed: Repeating name concatenation export alignment for OS X
- 3.0b3: Added: Windows profile and directory setup and export to OS X Setup
- 3.0b3: Fixed: Name formulation no longer requires setup dialog confirm
- 3.0b3: Added: Setting keywords from OS X Setup dialog
- 3.0b2: Fixes to Batch Permissions
- 3.0b1: Updated interface with new window layouts, progress bars and threaded exports
- 3.0b1: Removed older server support (Use version 2.3.4 if you need this)
- 3.0b1: Compiled as Mach-O for OS X only
- 3.0b1: Added support for keywords and several LDAP attributes for OS X Server
- 3.0b1: Added user-defined presets for import and text export configurations
- 3.0b1: Added ability to set permissions as any user, locally or remotely, to Batch Permissions (formerly XPrivileges)
- 3.0b1: Batch Permissions can now handle owners with spaces
- 3.0b1: Now removes all leading and trailing spaces from any imported fields
- 3.0b1: Returned ability to set fowarding option for mail and now forwarding addresses are exported even when forwarding is not selected
- 3.0b1: Added option to use LDAP email address as forwarding address
- 3.0b1: Added ability to formulate LDAP email address from shortname and user-entered domain
- 3.0b1: Added ignore first line option in import dialog
- 3.0b1: Added header field and line ending choices for delimited text export
- 3.0b1: Added short name option to folder creation
- 3.0b1: Added ability to set the visible and invisible bit on folders
- 3.0b1: Added check for update in Help menu
2.3.3 December 8, 2003
Allows the new version 3 registration number
2.3 August 26, 2003
Made cosmetic and documentation changes for 10.3
- Improved 10.2 delimited import
- Added import of Server URL with option to use for 10.2-10.3 export
2.2 November 19, 2002
Improved import dialog
- Added import of 10.2 delimited export
- Accents are now always removed from short names
- Added comment field to 10.2 setup
- Folder Migration now uses / instead of : in paths
- Fixed number format for Disk Quota on 10.2 export
- Fixed implied User IDs with 10.2 import
- Fixed append number for duplicate with long short names against NetInfo
- Fixed group replacement tag in short name formulation
2.1.3 August 21, 2002
First names pulled from full names in import are now more likely to include middle names
- Improved functionality and made fixes to username and short name formulations
- Added ability to check against remote NetInfo Parent servers for duplicates
- Added User ID and Group tags to Username and Short name formulations
- Repeat tag now works anywhere in the username formulation; not just the end
- Made a few fixes to previews
- Removed short name 8 character restriction
- Fixed User IDs in short name formulations (broken in 2.2a5)
- Did some optimization to the speed of formulations when exporting
- Brought back the Preferences menu in OS X (broken in 2.2a4 or a5)
- 2.2a9: Added 10.2 Server export in record description delimited format including explicit home directory setting, long short names, basic mail settings, group assigning via separate group export file, and encrypting passwords using Unix crypt.
- 2.2a9: Added imported short name tag to short name formulation
- 2.2a10: Refixed password exports in 10.0 - 10.1.5
- 2.2a10: Fixed improper reporting of duplicates for short names when 8 characters are exceeded
- 2.2a10: Added AFP URL setting
- 2.2b1: Fixed bug where not explicitly setting User ID caused 10.2 export to be incorrect
- 2.2b1: Added ability to select and remove multiple rows in the Edit Data window
- 2.2b1: Added ability to duplicate privilege set in XPrivileges
- 2.2b1: Added Disk Quota setting to 10.2 setup
- 2.2b1: Added export of forward address to all 10.x exports
- 2.2b1: Added ability to export passwords as basic or password server
- 2.2b2: Fixed problem where imported UIDs were not exported
- 2.2b3: Fixed Disk Quota and Mail settings for 10.2
- 2.2: Fixed Disk Quota so that it exports amount as MB instead of KB
- 2.2: Changed a delimiter in the header so that usernames with commas can be imported into 10.2
- 2.2: Disabled 10.2 export in OS 9 and earlier since it depends on Unix crypt
2.1.2 May 1, 2002
Support for preserving ASIP passwords destined for MOSXS by adding option to use short name formulation for internet aliases in ASIP 6.3 setup and exporting as ASIP 6.3 XML.
2.1.1 March 19, 2002
Imported data can now be edited and users can be removed from imported data
- Added Support for importing XML from OS X Server 1.x
- Text Creator Preference is now saved
- Removed Folder Migration verification until it can be done correctly in a later version. It was apparently trying to resolve aliases as part of its check which made migration very slow in many cases.
- Fixed Help not being updated from previous versions (introduced in 2.1)
2.1 March 19, 2002
Fixed problem with registration not being remembered
Added duplicate/conflict checking against NetInfo
- Added Export Preview for several exports
- Improved X Privileges error reporting
- Improved Folder Migration reporting and added copy and move verification
- Improved appending numbers for duplicates
- Added option to generate passwords based on short names
2.0.4 October 17, 2001
Imported User IDs over 7 digits now pass through correctly to OSXS
- Added Internet Alias export to custom export
2.0.3 September 4, 2001
Fixed problem where duplicate element in ASIP Internet aliases would reveal the tag on the second instance
- Fixed problem where program would quit when exporting unless a master password was given for exports that didn't require a master password
- Fixed fruit loopy button problem in Millions of colors on some Macs in 10.1
- Fixed problem Passenger unexpectedly quit in 10.1 when opening help
2.0.2 August 28, 2001
Import no longer filters for type 'TEXT' but opens anything
- Exports now work when password is username, User ID
- Fixed problem where imported passwords exported to XML did not get their type set to 'ClearText'
- Macintosh Manager Export now exports imported User IDs
2.0.1 August 15, 2001
Now imports XML usernames containing commas properly
- Now exports imported crypt and encrypted passwords to MOSXS properly
- MOSXS: Now exports mail tags correctly
- Eudora client setting export now more reliable
- Custom export now exports either Passenger or imported User IDs
- Made changes to to X Privileges window to make long paths more easily identifiable and allow the window to display completely on 800x600 resolution
2.0 August 8, 2001
User IDs of more than six digits are now exported correctly
- Folder Migration: moves now work, fully
- Folder Migration: nonexistent inside account folder paths are now created
- MM Export: now uses tab for delimiter
- MOSXS Export: Primary Group ID is explicitly set again (default is 20)
2.0 b5 July 27, 2001
Added Account Folder Migration module
- Added configurable sets and a few more defaults to X Privileges and a "Only Log Errors" checkbox
- MOSXS: Home directories now use server default when Custom Home Directory is not set in Passenger
- Added imported User ID to password formulation
- MM Export now allows both imported and explicit workgroup export concurrently
- Fixed various cosmetic and interface behavioral bugs
2.0 b4 July 26, 2001
Now filters out "." and allows underscore "_" for short names
- Added Passenger generated short name export selection for custom export
- No longer asks for master password when not exporting generated passwords from Custom Text
- Fixed one privilege that was wrong in X Privileges for default MOSXS home directories
- Moved Preferences back to proper location in OS X
2.0 b3 July 25, 2001
OSX-only: Added X Privileges to the new Titles menu--a module that will set file level privileges in OS X
- MOSXS: Fixed problem with exporting groups
- Fixed improper starting UID in MM 2 export
2.0 b2 July 9, 2001
Added Eudora Client settings populating and distribution to account folders
- Moved short name formulation out of MOSXS Setup as a general formulations so that it can be exported using custom export
- Fixed View Data and Sample Import/Export views in OS X
- MOSXS: Mail attributes are now omitted instead of being left blank which should solve a problem the netinfo parent/child setup where the mail attribute gets stuck in the child, even if importing into the parent. Thanks Kirk
- Worked-around problem with Help not opening in some cases on OS X (reportedly an OS X bug)
2.0 b1 June 15, 2001
Converted, updated, and expanded documentation
- Creator can be set for all export files using Preferences
- Fixed bug so that imported short names are now exported and second export attempts after changing short name formulation actually get applied
- Comments now exported to MOSXS
- Password type now exported in custom export
- Usernames and Passwords are now generated by Passenger when exporting imported usernames and passwords and the import is nil
- Added repeating username functionality to exports other than Macintosh Manager and MOSXS
- Better clarified how username formulation is used for Name in MOSXS while short name is formulated separately
- MOSXS: Groups IDs and Primary Group IDs are now implied instead of being left blank. User IDs are implied if they are not explicitly set instead of being left blank.
- Privilege setting works again for OS 9 and prior (broken in 2.0b1).
- Fixed warning about spaces in username
- New Thumbnail icon for OS X
1.2 February 12, 2001
- Added support for Mac OS X Server import and export
- Added User ID numbering for Macintosh Manager 2.0 export
- Added more password formulation choices
- Added more username formulation choices including repeating with digits
- Added ability to export multiple Macintosh Manager Workgroups
- Added option to use last name as name for Workgroup (e.g. Teachers)
- Automatic detection of XML from delimited text
1.1.2 January 11, 2001
Added Export for AppleShare IP 5.0 - 6.2
- Added Group Folder creation (allowing for Edmark True Network Version account creation)
- Added Group import level to folder import
- Fixed Pupil Chooses Password in Master Key and Master Spell (setting was reversed)
- Fixed check on master password for ASIP export
- <ignore> tags no longer import empty fields but instead completely omit
- Fixed minor issues with import limitations
1.1.1 December 22, 2000 (private release)
Overwriting imported usernames now defaults to off
- Fixed folder import so that it does not fail when exporting its data
1.1 December 21, 2000
Spaces, commas and apostrophes are now only stripped out of the username formulation for EIMS, WebSTAR and ASIP Internet Alias
- Folder import now only imports visible folder names
1.0 Released September 9, 2000 1.0b7
Added Pupil and Group exports for Master Key and Master Spell
- Added tag construction for username formulation
- Added ability to view imported data
- Now allows spaces in usernames for custom text export
- No longer forces lowercase for usernames but gives a checkbox option
- Added limited import of ASIP 6.3 XML (users and Internet aliases)
- Added import of the names in the contents of a directory
- Now filters quotes out of text import
- Allows imported periods in ASIP Internet alias
Added Set Privileges and locking/unlocking to Folder Creation
- Added trimming to 29 characters for all folder creation so that all folders are successfully created even if they are clipped.
- Folders and Macintosh Manager are now allowed to have spaces in username formulation
- Fixed formulation so that spaces now work for AppleShare IP usernames
- Made Sample Import/Export so that it only works with Mac OS 8.5 and higher since it crashes in earlier versions
- Added password import with option to overwrite imported passwords
- Added password construction which gives better control of password formulation. MacSchool password was affected by this change: where 2 digits could be returned for the number now only 1 digit is returned. All other passwords formulations remain the same
- Now remembers last password formulation
- Added progress indicator and cancel ability to create folders/privileges since this can take a while (esp. on a network)
Fixed exporting groups with ASIP when a group wasn't set in the setup dialog
- Added built-in Help
- Changed "ASIP Group" to "Group" and "ASIP Comment" to "Comment"
- Fixed problem where re-importing a modified file didn't always properly update the information
- Added display of general information on imported file
- Added option to append numbers to duplicate usernames
Added underscore as choice between names
- Added ability for ASIPGroups to be exported for Macintosh Manager
Password: Changed word "i" to "indy"
- Password: Removed dash from words "x-ray", "teen-age" and "thirty-three"
- Create Folders Setup now retains specified inside folders
- Custom Text Setup now retains proper delimiter
- Fixed crash when exporting EIMS
- Fixed 5,6, and 7 letter last name formulation in ASIP Internet Alias
- Added choice to only use first name of hyphenated last name for username formulation
- Now only uses first name of first name imported for username formulation if names are separated by spaces.
- Added new choice, "space", as separator for AppleShare IP account names
- Now strips all accents when formulating usernames
- Fixed Ph Description so that it now exports on custom export
- Added "ASIP Group", "ASIP Comment", and "MacSchool ID" imports
- Now removes all non-formulated spaces
- Fixed bug where all EIMS information wasn't exported
Fixed rare instance where a password didn't contain a word. The change does not affect the rest of the passwords generated since b1.
Duplicate checking text repaired.
- AppleShare IP Internet alias formulation is now working correctly.